Monday, July 1, 2013

Uh Oh!

Whoa, whoa ,whoa....I think it has been way too long since I last posted something. The website tells me Oct 2012. I do apologize for that. In all honesty though, there hasn't been much to write about these last several months. I just wake up and do the same thing every day, with no thought as to what day it is, or the time, I just do.

I am on the verge of my third year of medical school. Some call it the darkest year of medical school. Some call it the most fun. Some, just take it in stride and smile the whole time. I'm hoping I fall somewhere in the middle. On June 15th, I decided to set out on an adventure. Actually, this adventure consisted of me sitting down in front of a computer for 8 hours taking the USMLE Step 1 exam. For those of you that just see that as a bunch of letters and Step 1, I am in the same boat. This exam was rather devastating to the moral of my classmates. Step 1 more or less kind of determines what fields of medicine we can go into. If, for example, I would want to go into something really competitive, like dermatology, I would need to "rock" step one as we say, i.e. we need to do really well. Since taking the exam, I have not done much of anything besides have surgery, and sit around.

On July 8th, the insanity begins. I start with Family Medicine at Southwest Washington Medical Center in Vancouver, WA. I will be doing that for five weeks. Then, I go to psych, and hopefully I don't admit myself (the possibility is there). The rest of the year my rotations are as follows, surgery, OB/GYN, Rural, Peds, Internal Med and then 4th year!!! Woohooo!!! Well, adios for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment